- The stallion services will be sold at auction to the highest bidder.
- The bids will start at one-half the annual advertised stallion fee or the minimum set by the stallion owner, whichever is greater.
- Bidders must have a credit card on file to place a bid.
- The auction will begin December 15, 2022 and continue through January 27, 2023 ending at Noon. CST. If two or more people are bidding on the same stallion service within the last five minutes of the auction closing the bidding will automatically continue in increments of five minutes until only one person is bidding.
- All bids are final, and all bidders accept the rules and regulations before submitting bid.
- Successful bidders will be notified within 24 hours and all credit card payments (with 3% convenience fee) will be run through within 48 hours.
- If buyer wishes to pay with check or cash, they must notify OQHRA within 24 hours of auction close. They will have 7 days from the close of the auction to make payment.
- All stallion services are sold in concurrence with the conditions and procedures of the farm at which the stallion stands, and purchaser agrees to abide by these conditions.
- Please contact stallion owner for breeding contract and information.
- All services are for the 2023 season only. Any carryover to future year is a at the sole discretion of the stallion owner.
- All services are sold with a Limited Live Foal policy unless otherwise indicated. As these are donated and promotional breeding’s, there is no guaranteed of a “live foal”. The term “live foal” means the foal resulting from the breeding stands alone, nurses and lives for 24 hours. Should the mare not produce a “live foal”, the stallion owner will grant the right to the mare owner to rebreed the mare ONLY as long as the stallion is standing at the ranch advertised during the auction, and is still living. If the stallion moves to another ranch, or if the stallion dies prior to the next breeding season, the ranch listed and the stallion owner will have no further responsibility, nor will monies be refunded.
- All fees associated with boarding, mare care, cooled or frozen semen, farm costs and veterinary costs are between the successful bidder and the stallion owner.
- OQHRA will pay the chute fee on each breeding. If the chute fee is on shipped semen only, OQHRA will not pay the chute fee, as it will be considered a shipping fee.
- The Association assumes no responsibility for any other business conducted between the stallion owner and the successful bidder. It is the responsibility of the service purchaser to make all necessary arrangements with the stallion owner regarding breeding and the availability of shipped semen.
- All breedings sold during the live auction for more than $500 will also receive a free OQHRA limited edition jacket.
- Any stallion service which does not receive a minimum bid during the auction shall be available on a first come first serve basis (Buy It Now) for the minimum bid until March 15, 2023.
Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association
P.O. Box 2907
Edmond, OK 73083
Tel: (405) 216-0440
Fax: (405) 216-0770